2020 Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Activity Grant Application
SPIE believes that bringing together people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives will support innovation through a diversity of ideas and solve challenges faced by our world.
SPIE Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Activity Grants are competitive, high-impact grants designed to help organizations fund activities and events that promote the EDI program's mission. In 2020, SPIE will award 12 EDI Activity Grants of up to $500 each.
- Applications must include a projected event schedule and budget.
- The deadline to apply for a grant is 31 December 2019.
- Applicants will receive notification of their status no later 14 January, 2020.
- Applicant must have a current SPIE Membership.
- Applicant must be affiliated with the organization, chapter, or company that is hosting the proposed event.
- Eligible activities for funding include professional development events, educational outreach activities, mentoring or sponsorship programs, and any other events or programs that will positively promote the EDI program's mission.
Conditions of Grant:
- Funding is to be made via bank wire transfer by 1 February, 2020.
- Recipients must complete a report of their activity by 1 December, 2020.
- Abuse of the grant will result in future ineligibility.
Tips for success:
- Consider holding an event on dates of global significance such as International Women and Girls Day in Science (11 February) and LGBT STEM Day (5 July). Holding an event on these dates allows you to leverage the attention of the global community.
- Carefully craft your budget and consider what it might look like to involve other sponsors,