2020 SPIE Childcare Grant
SPIE believes that parents should have an equal opportunity in sharing their research and participating in conferences and symposia.
The 2020 SPIE Childcare Grant is designed to supplement the cost of childcare for SPIE members who are registered to attend one of our annual meetings. Grants of up to $500 will be made in the form of reimbursements for expenses related to childcare of children under the age of 13 during the duration of the meeting.
- The deadline to apply for a grant is six weeks prior to the specific event start date. For exact dates, please refer to the table on our website.
- Families are eligible for one grant per SPIE member per household per year.
- Eligible applications are approved on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Applicants receive notification of their status no later than four weeks prior to the event start date.
- Applicant must have a current SPIE Membership through the month of the meeting.
- Applicant must be registered for the conference by the application deadline (excludes free exhibit-only registrations).
- Applicant must be the parent or legal guardian of a child under the age of 13 who will need childcare in order for the applicant to attend the meeting.
Conditions of Grant:
- Funding is to be made via reimbursement after the conference.
- Eligible expenses for reimbursement are limited to airfare of a caregiver or costs for hiring childcare at home or at the meeting for the duration of the event.
- Abuse of the grant will result in future ineligibility.
- Expenses for reimbursement are to be submitted within 30 days of the conference along with a completed reimbursement form.
- Proof of purchase is required for all childcare expense claims (includes airfare itinerary and childcare billing).
- International reimbursements are made via bank wire and domestic reimbursements are issued by check.
To apply, please login using your SPIE username (email) and password by clicking the blue button above. If you have forgotten your account information, please open this link and click "Forgot Username" and/or "Forgot Password".