2021 SPIE Family Care Grant
SPIE believes that parents and care givers should have an equal opportunity in sharing their research and participating in conferences and symposia.
The 2021 SPIE Family Care Grant is designed to supplement the cost of child or dependent care for SPIE members who are registered to attend one of our annual meetings either in-person or virtually. Grants of up to $500 will be made in the form of reimbursements for expenses related to children under the age of 13 or dependent care if you are a care giver. The maximum grant amount for in-person meetings is $500 and the maximum grant amount for attending an SPIE Digital Forum is $250.
- The deadline to apply for a grant is two weeks prior to the specific event start date. For exact dates, please refer to the table on our website.
- Families are eligible for one grant per SPIE member per household per year.
- Eligible applications are approved on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Applicants receive notification of their status no later than one week prior to the event start date.
- Applicant must have a current SPIE Membership through the month of the meeting.
- Applicant must be registered for the conference by the application deadline (excludes free exhibit-only registrations).
- Applicant must be the parent or legal guardian of a child under the age of 13 or a care giver of a dependent who will need child or dependent care in order for the applicant to attend the meeting.
Conditions of Grant:
- Funding is to be made via reimbursement after the conference.
- Eligible expenses for reimbursement are limited to airfare of a caregiver or costs for hiring child or dependent care at home or at the meeting for the duration of the event.
- Abuse of the grant will result in future ineligibility.
- Expenses for reimbursement are to be submitted within 30 days of the conference along with a completed reimbursement form.
- Proof of purchase is required for all child and dependent care expense claims (includes airfare itinerary and child/dependent care billing).
- International reimbursements are made via bank wire and domestic reimbursements are issued by check.
To apply, please login using your SPIE username (email) and password by clicking the blue button above. If you have forgotten your account information, please open this link and click "Forgot Username" and/or "Forgot Password".