2024 Women in Optics Planner Nomination Form
Since 2005, the SPIE Women in Optics planner has celebrated women who impact the world through their work in optics and photonics. Over five thousand copies of the planner are distributed, free of charge, in more than 25 countries worldwide each year. This annual calendar helps inform and inspire young women and people of all backgrounds to see themselves in this growing field.
Nominee Eligibility Criteria:
- Nominee has not previously been featured in a Women in Optics planner. Check for your nominee's name here: https://spie.org/about-spie/advocacy/women-in-optics/women-in-optics-planner
- Nominee has made contributions and advancements to optics, photonics, or closely related fields’ research and industry.
Nominator Eligibility Criteria:
- Nominator must have an spie.org account* (*Membership not required).
- Nominator must have contact information for nominee.
- Nominators may nominate themselves.
- Each year, the reviewers curate a cohort of 12-25 women to feature in the next year's planner.
- Through the lens of equity, diversity and inclusion, the reviewers strive to include a diversity of:
- Technical specialties
- Job sectors
- Represented countries
- Career levels
- The reviewers also evaluate the nominees based on their engagement with the Society and their potential to inspire and inform others about optics and photonics.
Any nomination will be kept live for a cycle of three years.
To nominate and troubleshoot:
Important: Please sign in with your SPIE username and password to access the nomination form. If you have forgotten your account information, please open this link and click "Forgot Username" and/or "Forgot Password" or contact Customer Service at email@example.com.
Once logged in, you may need to select the “Programs” icon in the upper right-hand corner, find the 2024 Women in Optics Planner Nomination form amongst the options of open applications, and click its “More” button. That will redirect you to this page with an “Apply” button on the right-hand sign. Click this to begin your nomination.
For questions about the program, please contact Hilary Andrade at firstname.lastname@example.org.