2022 Optics and Photonics Education Scholarship
The Optics and Photonics Education Scholarship is available to SPIE student members located anywhere in the world, in high school (pre-university/secondary), community and technical, undergraduate and graduate programs, who are studying in a field related to optics and photonics.
The scholarship supports tuition and fees, textbooks, supplies and equipment required for courses of instruction, and computer upgrades. If awarded, the funds must be used for the 2022-2023 academic year (typically September-May).
Applications are judged on their own merit based on the experience and education level of the individual student. Students will be judged relative to other applicants with similar educational backgrounds.
All applicants must meet the following requirements in order for the application to be forwarded for consideration:
- Student membership in SPIE must be in good standing throughout the review process (February 15 - June 30). Should your membership lapse during the review process, your application will be removed from further consideration.
- Two (2) recommendations are required and must be received before you can submit your application by 5:00 pm (Pacific Standard Time) on February 15. Family members, relatives and students are not eligible to submit a recommendation.
- If applicable, your annual scholarship report must be on file with SPIE if you have received a previous scholarship(s).
- Must be enrolled in an optics, photonics or other related program (e.g., physics, electrical engineering, photonics technician) and in school for the full academic year beginning Fall 2022 (typically September - May).
- Applicants are eligible to receive one (1) Education Scholarship for each academic level (high school, community and technical, undergraduate, Master's and PhD).
- Preference may be given to those who have not received any previous awards from SPIE.
- Applicants who have received a terminal degree (MD, JD, PhD, etc.) are not eligible to apply.
- Incomplete applications will be removed from consideration.
**IMPORTANT**: Please sign in with your SPIE username and password to access the application. If you have forgotten your account information, please open this link and click "Forgot Username" and/or "Forgot Password" or contact email@example.com with questions.