Eichenholz-SPIE Photonics Technician Scholarship
The Eichenholz-SPIE Photonics Technician Scholarship is intended for students enrolled or planning to enroll in a laser, optics, or photonics technician associate or certificate program.
Four $2,500 scholarships will be awarded to support tuition and fees, textbooks, computer, or computer upgrade, and supplies and equipment needed for courses of instruction. Scholarship winners will receive a one-year complimentary SPIE student membership.
Applicants are required to submit information regarding their school and technician program, an unofficial academic transcript, resume, a personal essay detailing their motivation for becoming a technician and their career goals, and two recommendations.
- Applicant must be enrolled or planning to enroll in a laser, optics, or photonics technician associate or certificate program for the 2023-2024 school year.
Incomplete applications will be removed from consideration. All applicants will be notified of the results by email in May.
An SPIE account is required to apply. Please follow the steps below.
Create your account:
- Go to https://spie.org and click on the “Sign-In” in the upper hand corner of the screen.
- Select “Create account” and follow the steps to create your account.
Once you have created your SPIE account:
- Go to: https://spie.smapply.io
- Sign in using the SPIE username and password you created on spie.org.