SPIE Future Sensing Technologies 2023 Student Conference Support
SPIE is offering a limited number of supplemental travel grants and a conference registration fee waiver to eligible, selected Student Members who are presenting, in person, an accepted paper or planning to attend Future Sensing Technologies 2023.
- up to $700 for domestic (Japan) airfare* and/or lodging
- up to $1000 for international (outside Japan) airfare* and/or lodging
- one non-transferable conference registration fee waiver (in person).
*It is strongly recommended when purchasing your airfare, to carefully review their cancellation policy. SPIE will only reimburse for airfare/lodging if students are able to attend Future Sensing Technologies.
- This is a competitive process and priority will be given to student authors who are presenting an accepted paper.
- Student Members are eligible to receive one conference support award every two years. Multiple support will not be considered.
- If necessary, award recipients must secure visa to travel.
- Applicants are not eligible if they have completed their PhD, ScD, or MD program.
- must be a Student Member of SPIE with an active membership through the dates of the conference you are presenting at or attending.
- must be a full-time student in a high school, undergraduate, or graduate program.
- must have an accepted paper.
- must submit your manuscript to be published in the Proceedings of SPIE.
- must be available to present your accepted paper at Future Sensing Technologies.
Applicants will be notified approximately 2-3 weeks after the application deadline.
If awarded, travel funding will be reimbursed after the conference (up to four weeks) via bank transfer. Receipts for airfare and/or lodging will be required.
Incomplete and late applications will not be considered.
Please sign in above with your SPIE username and password to access the application. If you have forgotten your account information, please open this link and click "Forgot Username" and/or "Forgot Password" or contact email@example.com with questions.
SPIE is incorporated in the state of California, USA, and abides by U.S. laws that may restrict cash awards to residents of some countries. To qualify for an award, students and institutions must be eligible to receive funds under U.S. federal guidelines.