2019 SPIE Optics + Photonics Child Care Grant
SPIE believes that parents should have an equal opportunity in sharing their research and participating in conferences and symposia.
The 2019 SPIE Optics + Photonics Child Care Grant is designed to supplement the cost of child care for SPIE members who are registered to attend our largest annual meeting. Grants of up to $500 will be made in the form of reimbursements for expenses related to child care of children under the age of 13 during the duration of the meeting.
Families are eligible for one grant per household per year. Deadline to apply is 1 July 2019
Eligible applications will be approved on a first-come, first-serve basis. Applicants will receive a notification of status by 14 July 2019
- Applicant must have a current SPIE Membership through 1 September 2019.
- Applicant must be registered for the conference by the application deadline of 1 July 2019 (excludes free exhibit-only registrations).
- Applicant must be the parent or legal guardian of a child under the age of 13 who will need child care in order for applicant to attend the meeting.
Conditions of Grant:
- Funding is to be made via reimbursement after the conference.
- Eligible expenses for reimbursement are limited to airfare of a caregiver or costs for hiring child care at home or at the meeting for the duration of the event.
- Abuse of the grant will result in future ineligibility.
- Expenses for reimbursement are to be submitted within 30 days of the conference along with a completed reimbursement form.
- Proof of purchase is required for all child care expense claims (includes airfare itinerary and child care billing).
- International reimbursements are made via bank wire and domestic reimbursements are issued by check.
To apply, please login using your SPIE username (email) and password by clicking the blue button above. If you have forgotten your account information, please open this link and click "Forgot Username" and/or "Forgot Password".