SPIE Hosted Professional Grant
Advancing light-based research and technologies requires collaboration, opportunity, and connections. Made possible by the generous support of industry sponsors, the SPIE Hosted Professional Grant boosts the careers of SPIE Members by facilitating SPIE conference attendance. The program also aims to make meetings more accessible to underrepresented groups.
These grants are currently available for travel support to attend SPIE Optics + Photonics (2023), SPIE Defense + Commercial Sensing (2024), and SPIE Photonics West (2024). Funds are valid for:
- up to $1,700 for domestic airfare* and/or lodging
- up to $2,000 for international airfare* and/or lodging
- one non-transferable conference registration fee waiver
*It is strongly recommended that when purchasing your airfare, you carefully review its cancellation policy. SPIE will only reimburse for airfare/lodging if Members are able to attend Photonics West, Defense + Commercial Sensing, or Optics + Photonics.
- This is a competitive process, and priority will be given to SPIE Members in earlier stages of their career.
- Applicants can apply for more than one SPIE meeting but can only be selected for one event per year.
Requirements and eligibility
- Must be a Member of SPIE with an active membership through the dates of the conference you are presenting at or attending
- Recipients must have a secure visa to travel
- All applicants will be notified approximately 2 to 3 weeks after the application deadline
- If awarded, travel funding will be reimbursed after the conference concludes via bank transfer. Receipts for airfare and/or lodging will be required.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered
Please sign in above with your SPIE username and password to access the application. If you have forgotten your account information, please open this link and click "Forgot Username" and/or "Forgot Password," or contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Upon entering the site, you may need to find and select the SPIE Hosted Professional Grant amongst the list of open applications.
SPIE is incorporated in the state of California, USA, and abides by U.S. laws that may restrict cash awards to residents of some countries. To qualify for an award, students and institutions must be eligible to receive funds under U.S. federal guidelines.