SPIE Smart Structures + NDE 2024 Student Conference Support
SPIE is offering a limited number of supplemental travel grants and a conference registration fee waiver to eligible, selected Student Members who are presenting, in person, an accepted paper or planning to attend Smart Structures + Nondestructive Evaluation 2024.
- up to $700 for domestic airfare* and/or lodging
- up to $1000 for international airfare* and/or lodging
- one non-transferable conference registration fee waiver (in person).
*It is strongly recommended when purchasing your airfare, to carefully review their cancellation policy. SPIE will only reimburse for airfare/lodging if students are able to attend Smart Structures + Nondestructive Evaluation.
This is a competitive process and priority will be given to student authors who are presenting an accepted paper.
- This is a competitive process, and priority will be given to student authors
- Student Members are eligible to receive one conference support award every two years; multiple support per year will not be considered
- Grant recipients must secure visa to travel. Follow these instructions if an invitation letter is required to secure a visa.
- Students are not eligible if they have completed their PhD, ScD, or MD program.
- All applicants must be a Student Member of SPIE with an active membership through the dates of the conference you are presenting at or attending.
- must be a full-time student in a high school, undergraduate, or graduate program.
- must have an accepted paper.
- must submit your manuscript to be published in the Proceedings of SPIE.
- must be available to present your accepted paper in person at Smart Structures + Nondestructive Evaluation.
Applicants will be notified approximately 2-3 weeks after the application deadline.
If awarded, travel funding will be reimbursed after the conference (up to six weeks) via bank transfer.
Receipts for airfare and/or lodging will be required and must include your name, description of item purchased in English (if possible), and actual amount paid. Note: Booking confirmation or estimated costs will not be accepted.
Incomplete and late applications will not be considered.
Please sign in above with your SPIE username and password to access the application. If you have forgotten your account information, please open this link and click "Forgot Username" and/or "Forgot Password" or contact email@example.com with questions.
SPIE is incorporated in the state of California, USA, and abides by U.S. laws that may restrict cash awards to residents of some countries. To qualify for an award, students and institutions must be eligible to receive funds under U.S. federal guidelines.